[OpenIndiana-discuss] SATA device errors, possibly due to IRQ conflict

Daniel cs2dsb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 20:18:05 UTC 2011

Right, finally got it all booting again ;)

I have upgraded the bios to the latest version and set SATA#1 to ACPI
version 3.0.

It's now back up and both tank and rpool are happy so far and the IRQ errors
are gone from /var/adm/messages.

The only lines that concern me now are:

Sep 29 21:05:34 chronos acpica: [ID 642512 kern.notice] ACPI Warning:
Incorrect checksum in table [OEMB] - 8B, should be 88 (20091112/tbutils-351)

And:

Sep 29 21:06:36 chronos scsi: [ID 365881 kern.info] /pci at 0,0/pci8086,3410 at 9
/pci15d9,5 at 0 (mpt0):
Sep 29 21:06:36 chronos         Rev. 8 LSI, Inc. 1068E found.
Sep 29 21:06:36 chronos scsi: [ID 365881 kern.info] /pci at 0,0/pci8086,3410 at 9
/pci15d9,5 at 0 (mpt0):
Sep 29 21:06:36 chronos         mpt0 supports power management.
Sep 29 21:06:36 chronos scsi: [ID 243001 kern.info] /pci at 0,0/pci8086,3410 at 9
/pci15d9,5 at 0 (mpt0):
Sep 29 21:06:36 chronos         DMA can't cross 4GB boundary due to errata

But I've searched for both and they have been present on boot ever since the
system was built. Hopefully they aren't issues I need to worry about?

I'm going to kick off a scrub before I go to bed tonight and hopefully that
will be clear and the pool is still functional in the morning!

Thanks for the help, I'll post back if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Daniel