[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dual boot with Linux

Ashutosh Narayan aashutoshnarayan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 06:13:22 UTC 2011

Hi Gary,

So, does this mean we *do not* require a *primary* partition to install
Open-Indiana ?
I had a similar case where I installed Dual boot environment with Linux Mint
11
and Open-Indiana build 148 on my ASUS Eee PC 1015 PE.
But the grub has a whole new look in Linux Mint 11. Appending those
Linux Mint 11 entries on /boot/grub/menu.lst of Open Indiana doesn't help.

Thank you,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Gary Driggs <gdriggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> This walkthrough should still work unless grub has changed in recent revs
> of Ubuntu. If so, you'll need to find the location of the grub config
> file...
>

> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+documentation/Installing%2DOpenSolaris%2Don%2DNew%2DLinux%2DPartition

Ashutosh Narayan

http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com | Skype: ashutoshnarayan | Twitter: