[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana SFE repository: Call for testers

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Sep 30 14:15:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 07:05:18PM -0400, Alex Viskovatoff wrote:
> Sorry. Someone else actively involved with SFE knows much more about
> daemons on Solaris than I do. He said that your spec looks very thorough
> and that he would review it later. I guess that must have slipped his
> mind. I'll remind him about it if he doesn't see your latest message.

Thanks for that.  I've still had no response to submission of my spec
file for the ISC DHCP server.  I'm assuming now that SFE only deals
with applications, mostly of the GUI sort.  A service with an SMF
manifest and method, like the one I've submitted, seems not to fit
with what they offer.

I assume now that it will have to be integrated directly into either
OI or Illumos, or perhaps put into an independant IPS repository.
I don't know how else to make it available.