[OpenIndiana-discuss] zonecfg error

Jeppe Toustrup openindiana at tenzer.dk
Mon Apr 2 21:10:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 22:43, Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz
<jose.marcio.mc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to create zones under OpenIndiana 151a. I'm trying to do what I
> used to do under Solaris 10, but zonecfg returns an error, when I try to
> inherit /opt from the global zone.

The difference is that in Solaris 10 the brand of the zone would be
"native" where as in OpenIndiana it's "ipkg". This means the zone's
configuration in OpenIndiana differs from Solaris 10, ie. now a zone
has to be on a ZFS pool, and have its own ZFS dataset.

What you will need to do in this case, is to use the "fs" property in
zonecfg instead. This is an example from the zonecfg man page:

    zonecfg:myzone3:fs> set dir=/usr/local
    zonecfg:myzone3:fs> set special=/opt/local
    zonecfg:myzone3:fs> set type=lofs
    zonecfg:myzone3:fs> add options [ro,nodevices]
    zonecfg:myzone3:fs> end

This will get the folder "/opt/local" from the global zone mounted at
"/usr/local" inside the zone "myzone3", with the mount options "ro"
and "nodevices" specified (see "mount" man page for those).

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)