[OpenIndiana-discuss] REALTEK network card driver issue

mountpeaks at lavabit.com mountpeaks at lavabit.com
Thu Apr 5 08:22:04 UTC 2012

I need some info on the subject of REALTEK card support in openindiana.
Currently, when I launch driver & device detection app. My realtek card
driver is red and "searching" message appears. However I do have a "wired"
connection with ip notification from network manager.
Yesterday I tried to set up my pppoe connection (I use dsl modem with
pppoe to connect to the Internet), I could not up the connection. After
issuing "/usr/bin/pppd call myisp" command, I'm quickly returned to promt
without any signs of being connected (pppoe connection does require some
seconds to be set). "ifconfig sppp0" does show the connection was set and
my ip. My card for pppoe connection is rge0. I'm not sure but seems like
my card id is RTL8168/8111.
Anyway, is it a driver issue or something else?
I've being doing the configuration according to this guide
http://www.phildev.net/solaris/spppoe.html.