[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi151_a2 update on DL120/g7

Michael Herf herf at pobox.com
Sat Apr 7 17:55:14 UTC 2012

I've been trying out the OpenIndiana build and recently did a "pkg update"
to oi151_a2. I'm using a HP Proliant DL120/g7. I believe 151_a1 was stable,
but I didn't keep it that long.

The DL120 has a LSI9211-4i, and on-board SATA for the CD-ROM.

>From what I can tell, *sometimes* on boot the system thinks the CD-ROM on
ata3 (bus reset, timeout, etc.) isn't responding, and subsequently shuts
down a ton of services (including hal, etc.), disables all networking and
makes the machine generally unusable.

At other times, it doesn't get upset about the CD-ROM and everything works
perfectly.

Any help debugging?

Michael Herf