[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dell R510 SAS2 Backplane with SAS2008 (PERC H200)

Sergei tehcook at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 03:26:29 UTC 2012

Rich <rercola <at> acm.jhu.edu> writes:

> ...what FW modifications did they make?
>
> - Rich

They definitely made some as you can't flash Dell drive with Seagate/WD
firmware. Or get support from Seagate/WD for Dell-branded drive.

Specifically in this case drive reports support for this power management
command but fails to respond correctly when Solaris sends such command. I'm
pretty sure I was told that Seagate OEM drive works fine while we were having
these power issues with identical drive purchased from Dell.