[OpenIndiana-discuss] Newbie Questions - Installing various software

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 14:40:03 UTC 2012

I don't know how IPS actually works, but I can forward you to the
Wikipedia page for it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_Packaging_System

The first external link about the Image Packaging System for
OpenSolaris should be relevant to OpenIndiana as well. You can browse
through that until someone on the list forwards you to
OpenIndiana-specific instructions (if they exist - OI tends to forward
to OpenSolaris documentation a lot).

Jan