[OpenIndiana-discuss] Symbolic links broken on NFS clients

Martyn Klassen mklassen at imaging.robarts.ca
Mon Apr 9 19:17:36 UTC 2012

I narrowed down the issue to being related to using RDMA over my Infiniband connection. When mounting without using RDMA, ie tcp, the symbolic links come through as expected. I tried snooping on the Infiniband interface, but I get no traffic at all when using NFS over RDMA (snoop was running during mounting, symbolic link access, and unmounting), which I assume means snoop cannot intercept the RDMA protocol communication, since I get lots of traffic when during the same operations except using TCP on the IPoIB connection.

The clients mount NFS over RDMA shares from another CentOS based server and do not have any issues with the symbolic links, so I am fairly confident that the issue is in the OI server and not the clients.

I would like to get RDMA working, since it is the default NFS protocol and my network supports it, but my OI/Solaris expertise is limited. However I am willing to try any debugging suggestions that might provide more helpful information.

Martyn