[OpenIndiana-discuss] we'll pay a bounty to fix three annoying problems in illumos

Rich rercola at acm.jhu.edu
Mon Apr 9 19:59:02 UTC 2012

As an observation, there are cleverer solutions than manually calling
sas2ircu [card] locate [backplane] [id] [on/off].

napp-it has a paid option, as does Nexenta, for this - I know a number
of people in the community have written similar things or are doing
so, so if you look in the mailing list archives, you'll probably find
some useful things. Fortunately, LSI has started posting newer
versions of sas2ircu with newer firmware updates, so there's no
annoying problems like sas2ircu crashing if you're plugged into an LSI
SAS switch...any more.

- Rich