[OpenIndiana-discuss] poweroff does not turn off the computer

Paolo Marcheschi paolo.marcheschi at ftgm.it
Wed Apr 18 16:03:38 UTC 2012

Hi
I solved the problem adding the command "psradm -f -a" in the file:
*/usr/lib/hal/sunos/hal-system-power-shutdown-sunos*

just before the init 5 command:

------------
unsupported() {
         echo "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.NotSupported" >&2
         echo "No shutdown command found" >&2
         exit 1
}

if [ -x "/sbin/init" ] ; then
*/usr/sbin/psradm -f -a*
         /sbin/init 5
         exit $?
else
         unsupported
fi

The command disables the extra processors, and permits to switch off the computer.

I hope this solves the issue, Maybe could be added to the stable release.

Paolo