[OpenIndiana-discuss] poweroff does not turn off the computer

Dietmar Sovonja juhuu2004 at gmx.de
Thu Apr 19 14:04:33 UTC 2012

Hi Milan,

on both computers I have the latest BIOS. I tried other OS (Debian,
Haiku and Windows XP) and they all turn off the computer. It seems to be
a problem with OpenIndiana.

I found a similiar discussion on the Opensolaris mailinglist, I followed
the instructions I found there and came to the same results as the

Shutdown/Poweroff will not turn off computer
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/pm-discuss/2009-August/thread.html#640

Is it possibly a bug?

Best Regards,

Dietmar