[OpenIndiana-discuss] Qmail-to-go on openindiana?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sat Apr 21 16:34:31 UTC 2012

On 21/04/12 09:29 PM, Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> Postfix.

+1

Problem for both is still the same at the moment...build your
own...postfix integrates well with a lot of stuff...vpopmail, dovecot,
spamassassin via spamass-milter...at least, that is how i set things up.

qmail's modularity allows you to use stuff like mailfront, qpsmtpd,
whatever else out there but you cannot touch the queue while qmail-send
is running. You will also have to patch it if you have 'high' loads of
any kind. At least with the ext-todo patch if you get injection rates
beyond your hardware.

I'm going to out on a limb and call into question zfs' performance for a
mail queue. You'd want it on a separate disk running UFS with softupdates.