[OpenIndiana-discuss] about chromiun

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 14:14:07 UTC 2012

On 04/17/12 04:15 AM, låzaro wrote:
>       From where or how can obtain Chromium web browser for OI?
>
> Because in the wiki and google talk about "oh yeah, Finally!" But...
> Where is the download link?
Guy that ported chromium is not distributing it's proprietary changes to
Chromium source code.
Instead, he is asking money for closed source binary made out of
chromium source.

Personally I would have nothing against supporting building and paying
for a binary Chromium,
if he releases he's source changes for current Chromium releases - but
he is not.

There are some source patches and related dates on he's site that he
releases from time to time.
Maybe following those release someone could at the end make open source
Chromium port.