[OpenIndiana-discuss] OT postfix v.s Qmail

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue Apr 24 16:43:58 UTC 2012

Dan,

I've been using qmail since the end of the 80's

Yes, greylisting is a powerful tool.  I get that with spamdyke for
qmail.  Spamdyke and mailfront were the two biggest reasons that I
stayed with qmail so long.

I saw two greylisting packages for postfix when I was doing my
searching.  I'm convinced that I want to go to postfix, but it looks
like it will be a painful transition.

I've got two chains.  One from port 25 that uses spamdyke, and one from
port 587 that uses mailfront (to give me SSL/TLS and authorization).
Since they both converge at the qmail-queue process that handles the
delivery portion, it's a nice clean path to delivery.  I may try to use
postfix to replace one first so I can really thresh out the issues.

Gary