[OpenIndiana-discuss] OT postfix v.s Qmail

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Apr 25 14:55:22 UTC 2012

On 25/04/12 12:43 AM, Gary Gendel wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I've been using qmail since the end of the 80's

I take it you are another guy that knows qmail like the back of his hand
and messed around with splitting the queue across multiple disks and
what the optimum prime number to use and can create the qmail groups and
user accounts without looking.

> Yes, greylisting is a powerful tool. I get that with spamdyke for qmail.
> Spamdyke and mailfront were the two biggest reasons that I stayed with
> qmail so long.
>
> I saw two greylisting packages for postfix when I was doing my
> searching. I'm convinced that I want to go to postfix, but it looks like
> it will be a painful transition.

Transition pain might also be in dot-qmail filter recipes and their
generator(s) and the local delivery structure. Only qmail-local supports
dot-qmail so if you make heavy use of that...