[OpenIndiana-discuss] zfs send-receive on same machine breaks cifs sharing

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Thu Apr 26 15:34:19 UTC 2012

Hi,
don't know why, this did not happen on an older machine running OpenSolaris.
I have a script running from time to time, to "zfs send | zfs receive -Fdu" on the same machine, to backup
everything on a removable dedicated sata disk.
When the receive ends, the script exports the destination pool, so that I can go and remove the
disk and replace it for next time.
On OI, the original CIFS shares becomes unavailable just after the receive ends, as if the copied
shares mislead the original shares (even though I used the u option to avoid mounting of filesystems).
To get shares back, I have to options:
- export original and import back, and magically everything appears
- deactivate and reactivate CIFS sharing option on the zfs dataset
Any idea?
Gabriele.