[OpenIndiana-discuss] Compiling Mosh for OI 151

James C. McPherson james.c.mcpherson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 23:24:58 UTC 2012

On  1/05/12 09:08 AM, Robbie Crash wrote:
> Honestly, I think including this, I'm still on single digits with what I've
> had to compile from source, and definitely the only thing that I've ever
> had to figure out, so you not being a professional is still leaps and
> bounds ahead of me.
>
> I'm using gcc installed via "pkg install gcc", which I assume means I'm
> getting it from OI.
>
> I set the two variables as you recommended, with my paths, (export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/lib/amd64/pkgconfig/:/usr/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/share/p
> kgconfig/" and export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/:/usr/lib/:/usr/lib/amd64/") and still receive
> the same error.

... more below

>>> No package 'ncurses' found
>>>
>>> I have no idea what TINFO is, but from googling around, I find it has
>>> something to do with ncurses as an independent provider for something
>> (I'm
>>> terribly helpful, I know). I know ncurses is installed and that other
>>> programs that are dependent on it work, and there are libs  in
>> /usr/gnu/lib
>>> and /usr/gnu/lib/amd64.

>>> But setting either doesn't fix anything. However, this is the first time
>>> I've run into issues with a configure script not working, so this is
>>> probably me not actually doing things properly. Specifying my libdir to
>>> either /usr/gnu/lib or /usr/gnu/lib/amd64 doesn't help either.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas for where to go from here?

You need to verify that the ncurses package is correctly installed,
and then when running mosh's configure script, ensure that you have
/usr/gnu/lib (assuming that's where your ncurses libs are) in your
CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS via something like this:

CFLAGS="-L/usr/gnu/lib" CXXFLAGS="-L/usr/gnu/lib" ; export CFLAGS CXXFLAGS

It's preferable to get gcc to use an rpath rather than forcing
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/gnu/lib, but if that's what it
takes, that's what it takes.

James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
               http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog