[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update errors re: gcc, gmp, mpc, etc.

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Aug 5 17:10:40 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

Bob Friesenhahn píše v ne 05. 08. 2012 v 10:48 -0500:
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012, Milan Jurik wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > as I wrote a week ago, OI SFE repository is work in progress these days
> > because I am slowly rebuilding all components and fixing old packaging
> > bugs. For additional details see
> >
> > http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2012-July/008882.html
>
> I have also been blocked by this issue.  I do understand that it is a
> volunteer effort and am very thankful for that effort.
>
> It would be useful to know if the on-going SFE packaging effort will
> eventually magically "repair" these package problems (which might be
> blocking OI updates as well) or if much/most/all of existing SFE
> installations will need to be uninstalled so that the new SFE packages
> can be installed.  It is currently not clear how to uninstall older
> packages from the GUI since several of them seem to not be mentioned
> by the GUI even though 'pkg' still knows about them.
>
> Since yesterday, I don't seem to be finding GCC 4.6.2 or LLVM 3.1 that
> were there sometime earlier.

could you do "pkg refresh --full" and confirm you cannot see
developer/llvm and sfe/developer/gcc in GUI? Both are available there.
Also older

After rebuild of all packages it should be mostly smooth. I am trying to
rename and obsolete bad packages. As I wrote earlier, if somebody has
interest in some packages, send me e-mail privately and I will try to
coordinate it with him.

I cannot test everything, so after rebuild I will send e-mail asking for
test and reports.

> I have a from-scratch GCC install which unfortunately used several of
> the libraries from SFE with the conflicts.  I will re-do this with my
> own from-scratch install of those libraries so that my private
> compiler is not dependent on these SFE libraries.

GCC packages and libraries needed for it are the worst thing in old OI
SFE, new packages were published:

sfe/developer/gcc

sfe/library/gmp
sfe/library/mpc