[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS fails to automount at boot

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:56:26 UTC 2012

I've run into a bizzare issue. An NFS export I have in /etc/vfstab fails
to automount on an OI client at boot, even though the filesystem is
clearly marked as "mount at boot":

#device         device          mount           FS      fsck    mount
mount
#to mount       to fsck         point           type    pass    at boot
options
192.168.133.1:/etc/streamers    -       /etc/streamers  nfs     -
yes     nodevices,nosetuid,ro

When I issue /sbin/mountall or mount -a, it mounts just fine. Needless
to say, its failure to mount at boot results in failure of dependent
services to start, which is quite bummer if I have to do it manually
each time. Nothing is logged to /var/adm/messages, so I have no idea why
it ignores my NFS mounts at boot. It simply does. Anybody got an idea on
how to track this down?

--
Saso