[OpenIndiana-discuss] sandy bridge

Ray Arachelian ray at arachelian.com
Tue Aug 7 18:00:40 UTC 2012

On 08/07/2012 12:27 PM, Jason Matthews wrote:
> for the greater good an OI that didnt barf on its clothes when running on sandy bridge would be awesome. or a respin of igb for the new chip would be helpful (i may be dated on these but you get the point, right?)

I have oi151a5 running on a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 mobo with an i5,
which AFAIK is sandy bridge.  Had to disable the USB 3 ports in the BIOS
to get it going, but it did come up.  Even works with the 6GB SATA
ports, but these have to be set to ATA before it sees them (not sure if
it's slowed down or at full speed).

So far everything else runs fine, rge NIC, USB 2 ports, video (yes in X
mode).