[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSolaris on SPARC

Мартин Бохниг (Martin Bochnig) martin at martux.org
Tue Aug 7 23:53:57 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Daniel Kjar <dkjar at elmira.edu> wrote:
> Hi Martin, hate to pester you but I just got my two 1.2 ghz chips in my
> sb1000 and was trying to put an old version of opensolaris on it (to hold me
> over till OI) and it can't find drivers for any of the video cards  during
> install. I have tried xvr1200,xvr100, and an old expert/elite 3d (not sure
> which).  Is this to be expected? I have never tried to put open solaris on
> it before.
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

until now nobody fixed this.
This changes with my release that I'm working on night and day.

That's what I meant when I said to list: "will be released in August".
I had LiveCD images in the past (was the first and only one to offer a
SPARC-distro for a long time, this didn't change with the exception of
one MilaX release (without X11), but that was before Xsun went
opensrc.
2 years I stopped working on it, and many folks said, they would do
it, but they all gave up early.

I have Xsun working here.
And I my Blade 2000 Dual 1.2GHz is heavily loaded compiling 5
different OI workspaces at once.

Please some patience.
You are  going to hear from me on list, and personally with
assistance, if you want.
I cannot predict the exact release day, but I'm making good progress
in getting the consolidations built.
Then I need a few additional days to customize the textinstaller.

So stay tuned  .......

%martin