[OpenIndiana-discuss] Running VirtualBox

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Aug 9 08:08:48 UTC 2012

2012-08-09 6:37, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> [...]

For historical reasons, we brew my own build of aged TightVNC,
coupled with a lightweight TWM window manager. We customized
the xstartup scripts and the TWM menu to our needs of whatever
X11 may be needed on a headless server (i.e. running Sun ONE
or Oracle GUI installers, and it works for VBox as well).
The xstartup script can use other WMs like GNOME, but it's too
clunky for a compact console. The gnome-terminal works in TWM
acceptably well, though ;)

//Jim Klimov