[OpenIndiana-discuss] Synchronizing Sun DHCP servers

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Thu Aug 9 09:39:12 UTC 2012

Hello Jim!

>    I wondered if the Sun DHCP server, also provided in OI, supports
> synchronization of instances - i.e. two boxes providing addresses
> for the same range, "should" support interchange of leased address
> lists, defined macros (dhcptab) and so on.
>
>  Perhaps a shared LDAP backend can be implemented?

I think that the Sun DHCP server is deprecated.  Oracle is moving
to ISC in Solaris 11.  So nobody is really willing to spend any effort
on the old Sun DHCP.

But don't let that stop you. :-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt