[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux container, and plex?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Tue Aug 21 04:28:45 UTC 2012

Hello Carl

On 08/20/12 11:04 PM, Carl Brewer wrote:

> No, just Plex looks kinda cool, I'm sure xbmc would be just as nice -
> ported to OS/OI at all?

I don't know whether it has or hasn't.  Please excuse me inviting myself
to your discussion, I wish I had more to add, or share with you.
Mostly, it is just an area where I have a similar interest.

I would share, that back in 2009, back when Sun was a company and not an
Oracle division, there was a discussion on the OpenSolaris
desktop-discussion mailing list.  A Sun employee (at the time), Ken
Mays, had indicated that he had ported Myth TV to *Solaris and had
planned to add (Myth TV) to the repository at some point in the future.
 Sadly, If it was released, I missed it.  Original message at bottom.

Currently, I am using a Mac Mini with the Eye TV tuner + software.
Ideally, for me, this would move to some type of OpenIndiana/*Solaris
based distro at some point in the future utilizing XBMC, Myth TV, or
some similar software.

Jerry

 We have an xbox 360 (unhacked) that we could