[OpenIndiana-discuss] SSDs for ZFS Pool?

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Fri Aug 24 22:03:38 UTC 2012

I have several hundred SSDs in use as L2ARC. I have the monitoring system
querying SMART data a number of times per day looking at the percentage of
rated life used in effort to replace disks before we burn out the cells.

Each time this query runs, it dirties the logs with some messages in regards
to this error but it doesn't actually cause me any grief. I don't believe
this causes any data corruption issues and SMART still works.

My recommendation is to ignore the messages for now and worry about real
problems.

j.