[OpenIndiana-discuss] illumos KMS Hackathon in Germany

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Mon Aug 27 13:11:13 UTC 2012

I wish you all the best,
I'm currently trying to get the latest KMS implementations I found by
Ken Mays to work but so far been unsuccessful. The implementation was
submitted here:

https://www.illumos.org/issues/2954

Since there is no installer or package manager that can handle this I
manually replaced the "amd64" bits of the driver (with matching files as
submitted by Ken in the ticket) in the system which resulted in the
error message: "dlopen: ld.so.1: Xorg: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open
failed: No such file or directory" in the Xorg.log when trying to load
the ati drivers. I have that file in the system so it seems that some
path must have been messed up in some config file.

All I really want is to get the voltage control / (ACPI?) power profile
to operate the cooling fan of the GPU so that is not making noise
running on max setting all the time as it is now. As I understand this
must be done by the KMS based drivers.

Robin.