[OpenIndiana-discuss] krb5kdc transitioned to maintenance

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Aug 29 10:23:37 UTC 2012

Hi,
after experimenting with zfs shares and joining workgroups and domains, I now can't work with it
anymore, because the krb5kdc transitions to maintenance just after boot, with this error in his logs:
krb5kdc: Failed to set db2 name to "/var/krb5/principal":  No such file or directory - while initializing database for realm XXX
in this state, if I try to join a domain, smb and other services goes to maintenance after a while.
how can I reset kerberos to normal state? or how can I initialize the principal file to start over?
last but not least, how could this happen?
thanx,
Gabriele.