[OpenIndiana-discuss] DELL R320

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Wed Aug 29 11:43:30 UTC 2012

I've made the same mistake in the past.  Contact dell support, talk to the linux group, (the "linux" group is what the operators call any non-windows OS).  Ask them for drivers to install opensolaris on the perc.  It may not be available anymore, but 2 years ago, this was successful for me.

If you get the drivers and have difficulty installing, post here again.  Also look for my thread about the 3ware hba, where I documented in excruciating detail, how to install the drivers for a 3ware card.

The dell perc should be compatible (was at one time) with an LSI Megaraid.  Perhaps you can try going directly to LSI support and see what happens.

Don't buy new NICs yet; wait until you know your disks are going to work.  And then buy the Intel Server NIC.  (Disable the broadcom in BIOS).