[OpenIndiana-discuss] Tribblix update

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:23:50 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:

>> On Dec 16, 2012, at 1:37 PM, Peter Tribble wrote:
>> [...]
>>>  I'm still looking for a viable graphical login manager.
>
> If you've pulled the entire X consolidation, then you have xdm for whatever
> that's worth.   I've also heard a lot of people talking about lightdm as a
> good path off of gdm.

Well, yes, there is xdm. It works, although it's rather too basic for
a login manager (things like being able to choose which session to
use would be nice). In the longer term, lightdm may well be the right
answer; unfortunately the gtk greeter requires gtk3 and I haven't made
that jump yet.

--
-Peter Tribble