[OpenIndiana-discuss] Future of OI

DormitionSkete@hotmail.com dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 18:57:16 UTC 2012

Oh!  I thought all those export restrictions were lifted a few years back.

But, in looking on the net, I think I'm wrong.  You can't export Fedora!

Apparently, we can't export any products containing strong (128-bit or greater) encryption.  That would exclude OpenIndiana, too.

Sorry, Lazaro.  I have to take that offer back.  If it was me, as an individual, I'd probably do it; but I don't want to get our monastery in trouble with the Feds.

Thanks, Rennie.

You almost have to be a lawyer these days!!!

How does one keep people in these countries from downloading your software?  Does OpenIndiana have some way of blocking those countries, or does someone else block them?