[OpenIndiana-discuss] Knowledge Base for Compiling and InstallingSoftware Not Available as Packages.

solarg solarg87 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 08:00:38 UTC 2012

On 12/20/12 06:59, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:
> How did you get OpenCSW to work in OpenIndiana?
>
> I tried it, and couldn't get the repository to load.  When I did "pkgadd -dhttp://get.opencsw.org/now", it errored out.  Trying to add it via the gui didn't fare any better.  I didn't feel like going onto their newsgroup for assistance, so I just installed from source.

i can't help if you just say "it errored out" sorry
pkgadd works fine for me. And i don't understand the difference between
going to the "opencsw" newsgroup  or OI, it's just a newsgroup, isnt it?
i was just talking about sharing experience, and it's just my point of
view. I prefer to join an existing group instead of starting from
scratch. But that's just my point of view

gerard