[OpenIndiana-discuss] Knowledge Base for Compiling and InstallingSoftware Not Available as Packages.

Andrey N. Oktyabrski ano at bestmx.ru
Thu Dec 20 11:38:47 UTC 2012

On 12/20/2012 01:02 PM, Volker A. Brandt wrote:
> However, it is another step away from "real" Solaris.  The "old" Solaris
> up to 10 has SVR4, the "new" Solaris has IPS.  So these are really the
> only options for any distro targeted for the "mainstream" users.
$ cat /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/gensolpkg/DESCR
This is a small utility to translate from NetBSD-derived pkgsrc
packages into Solaris packages.  I wrote this as an aid to
understanding Solaris packages, and to provide some Solaris packages
which can be used in jumpstart, and manipulated with the Solaris
package manipulation tools, but still have the benefit of the original
package being maintained by a number of people who know what they're
doing, and put a lot of time into keeping abreast of latest versions
and bug fix releases.