[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing Java 7

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Fri Dec 21 22:24:49 UTC 2012

You can have all jdk versions within /usr if you just download the tar-files without installer.

After unpacking move it to /usr/java/jdk or wherever you like.

After that alter/set the following in the .profile of every user:
PATH
JAVA_HOME
JDK_HOME

And point them to the java version they need.

Solaris 10's updateprogram and some orhers relied on java 1.5 and i spend days on searching why it stopped working after i updated to java 1.6...

Kind regards,

The out-side

Op 20 dec. 2012 om 14:58 heeft Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> het volgende geschreven: