[OpenIndiana-discuss] dualboot

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Sat Dec 22 19:59:20 UTC 2012

It is. I have OpenIndiana, CentOS, Fedora and Windows 7 on my laptop.  Just
create a separate partition for evety operating system, install the OS into the
partition and make sure the bootloader is installed into partition's boot
record (not MBR). Then you'll have its own bootloader for every OS. You can
easily swap between bootloaders using the chainloader.

This is excerpt from my menu.lst in OI:

title OpenIndiana Development oi_151.1.7 X86 (powered by illumos)
findroot (pool_rpool,4,a)
bootfs rpool/ROOT/oi_151a7

splashimage /boot/solaris.xpm
foreground FF0000
background A8A8A8
kernel$ /platform/i86pc/kernel/$ISADIR/unix -B $ZFS-BOOTFS,console=graphics -k
module$ /platform/i86pc/$ISADIR/boot_archive

title Windows
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

title CentOS