[OpenIndiana-discuss] Anti-Virus strategy

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Wed Dec 26 16:13:28 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

Up until now, I've been using Clam on a linux client to remotely scan my
ZFS volumes overnight every few days; primarily as I don't know anything
about running anti-viru direclty on the OI box.

However, the number of (especially small ) files has been increasing so
I'm facing installing and configuring an anti-virus scan on the OI box
itself.

I've done some search engine reading, but it is all at a higher level
and I haven't been able to learn enough to put together a solid
strategy.

I don't really suffer viruses; thanks to some hard lessons learned in
the past. However I'm human and something could still catch me a blind
side some day, so another gate keeper won't hurt.

Has anyone got any advice and links to instructions please?

Many thanks,

Michelle.