[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Boot Fails

Bryan N Iotti ironsides.medvet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 19:22:43 UTC 2012

In my very limited experience on the matter, OpenIndiana 151a will install and boot on an Athlon XP 2200+ with 512RAM, but boot times will be long, shutdown times are around 2 mins.

I ran it that way a couple of weeks ago, waiting for another 512 of RAM. With 1GB it's more manageable, with shutdown times around 41 secs with the default services.

Hope this helps!

Bryan
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from WIND