[OpenIndiana-discuss] How do I debug this?

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Wed Feb 8 13:27:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've got a service set up via svc and within a few days it crashes.
Even though fmd it says it dumped core I can't find it anywhere.  I even
added a cd into a directory and expected the core to go there, but no
go.  When I run it using the startup script outside of svc, it runs
fine... No crash after several weeks. So, it probably is something
particular to the svc running environment.

FYI, The service is a smtp TLS interface into qmail:  sslserver [args]
smtpfront-qmail [args]

What I'd like to do is get a core when it crashes so I can get debugging
information. Thanks.

Gary