[OpenIndiana-discuss] switching from IR to IT mode on a LSI SAS2008 card

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu Feb 9 03:34:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Yuri Vorobyev <vorob at yamalfin.ru> wrote:
> 09.02.2012 7:42, Geoff Nordli пишет:
>

>> I have a Supermicro X8DTH-6F with a built-in SAS2008.
>>
>> I thought it was just an HBA, but when I went to update the firmware
>> on the card it told me it was setup as IR mode.
>>
>> I plan on flashing it to IT mode.
>>

> I did it on the same board without problems.
> Firmware  is here ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/SAS/LSI/2008/IT/Firmware/

Thank Yuri.

Was there an existing zpool setup on the card?

Another note, this is on the same card where I had some "disconnects"
from a drive.  I would assume there is no connection around a card
misbehaving and having it in IT mode; especially when most of the
errors were coming from a single drive.

Geoff