[OpenIndiana-discuss] Resilver restarting on second dead drive?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Thu Feb 9 07:39:33 UTC 2012

Hi all

On this server, I had a drive dying on me, and the spare kicked in. I replaced the drive, detached the spare and "zpool replace"d the original dev, waiting for it to resilver. When this was almost finished (say, 2 hours left), a second drive died, the spare kicking in and resilver restarting. zpool status now showed resilver having been running for a few minutes, and more time to wait for salvation.

Would it be possible/easy/good to change this behaviour to make zpool carry on resilvering the initial devices instead of restarting the whole process? Restarting it renders my system more vulnerable for a longer time (with two drives out of a RAIDz2), and also renders my nerves a bit more shaky, neither of which is beneficial.

All the best

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk.