[OpenIndiana-discuss] Unresolvable package dependencies

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Fri Feb 10 16:37:14 UTC 2012

Hi,
while delving into the repo.redist created by the illumos-gate build, I found many package dependencies
whose exact version cannot be found on the OI dev publisher.
I tried browsing the OI dev-il publisher and found the exact versions, so I just thought
that switching the OI publisher to dev-il would let me update/install these packages.
Then I found that pkg search results on dev-il are different than what I see browsing the same publisher!
example:
- pkg search -s
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/
python-26 returns:
pkg:/runtime/
python-26 at 2.6.4-0.151.1
- looking for the same on the web interface returns:
pkg://runtime/
python-26 at 2.6.4
,5.11-0.151.1
Any idea?
Gabriele
PS: reason for this, is that running distro_const against the source repo.redist,
looks for the required packages and can't find them anywhere...