[OpenIndiana-discuss] News packages wanted for OpenIndiana

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Feb 12 16:30:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

cpforum píše v ne 12. 02. 2012 v 17:21 +0100:

> > Message du 12/02/12 15:29
> > De : "Gary Mills"
>

> > Yes, this is what I said in November on
> > pkgbuild-sfe-devel at lists.sourceforge.net:
> >
> > This spec file is no longer required. The recent Oracle Solaris 11
> > release includes a DHCP server based on ISC version 4.1. Other than
> > being based on this older version, it has all the features of mine.
>
> Thank's.
>
> Here are others diffs between Solaris 11 and oi_151a
>
> - wu-ftpd is replaced by ProFTPD

https://www.illumos.org/issues/2094 - EOF wu-ftpd, somebody has to do
it. And somebody has to take proftpd from Oracle Userland gate, patch
auditing module and add it to OI userland.

> - nwamcfg and nwamadm renamed netcfg netadm

That is not only about renaming, there is a lot of functionality change
and some convergence of physical:default and physical:nwam and not
always in very user-friendly way.

> And Some oi_151a minor bugs
>
> - CLI ftp client do not check .netrc permissions (600 recommended)

Could you fill new RFE for this if there is not such yet, please?

> - BIND manual page not found

I think there is some issue logged for it also with the fix but I cannot
find it now.

Best regards,

Milan