[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi_151a update?

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Wed Feb 15 17:54:13 UTC 2012

Any idea why one of my machines would see the update while the other
does not?  The one not seeing the updates is a pure 151a install and
normally does see updates when they are available (unlike the crusty one
that saw the update).
On 02/15/12 10:58 AM, Gary Gendel wrote:
> On 2/15/12 10:44 AM, Jeppe Toustrup wrote:

>>> My ssh handshake was also much faster initially, but it didn't
>>> keep.  It's a
>>> strange situation where sometimes I get the login prompt
>>> immediately, and
>>> sometimes it takes several seconds.  It's acting like sometimes it
>>> gets held
>>> on network timeout and sometimes there is none.  I thought it might
>>> have
>>> been due to DNS lookups but I shut the ssh name resolution checks
>>> down in
>>> the configuration without a difference.  It's frustrating since
>>> every time I
>>> think I've resolved it it's only behaving nice for a short while.
>>>
>>> Gary
>> I usually disable GSS-API authentication in /etc/ssh/sshd_config in
>> order to make login times faster. It can be disabled by adding the
>> following line and restarting sshd afterwards:
>>
>> GSSAPIAuthentication no
>
> Thanks.  It's fast now and I've re-enabled Reverse Mapping
> verification.  With luck it will stay that way. :)
>
> Gary

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson