[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail dependencies

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Thu Feb 16 19:07:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

I tried to start up smtp-notify, but it failed because sendmail-client
wasn't running.  This is a problem because I have a sendmail replacement
(qmail) running.  Once I modified the dependencies using svccfg to
exclude sendmail-client and include qmail-smtp (which provides the
sendmail equivalent) it ran fine.

However, this bring up the question of how to deal with an MTA
replacement for sendmail functionality in general.  I'm sure that others
will be using postfix, qmail, etc. instead of sendmail.  We should
figure a way that a MTA replacement doesn't break functionality of
services like smtp-notify.

Gary