[OpenIndiana-discuss] System disk corruption

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Sun Feb 19 20:23:40 UTC 2012

Vague recollection that the pool level is errors that weren't
recovered, so possibly two of them on the device were ditto'd
metadata?  (I'm very unsure on both counts).

Otherwise, as Chris said, iostat is particularly difficult to trust.
No matter what the error (even if, indeed, the drive or transport)
there's no guarantee (or in my bitter experience even likelyhood) of
formal errors occurring to go with the data being bad.

-- Rich