[OpenIndiana-discuss] System disk corruption

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Mon Feb 20 07:04:49 UTC 2012

Thanks, now I understand how the "CKSUM" is counted. Both fmdump and
scrub indicate that there is one error in the .vdi file.

Is there a way to enforce zfs to accept the new checksum of the file?
Since it is a hard drive image file I rather let the guest OS of the VM
handle that corruption (using 'scandsk /F' and 'sfc /scannow').

As it is now, the zfs errors (ensuing from the corruption) make the VM
freeze so I can't let this checksum difference remain. There must be a
way to "clear" this corruption somehow.

I tried to copy the file but cp cannot copy the entire file, it halts
barely halfway through and returns an I/O error.

The fmdump errors look like this btw:
cksum_expected = 0x2489fee7aaa6 ... ... (the other checksums match)
cksum_actual = 0x2489fee7aaa2 ... ... ...
cksum_algorithm = fletcher4