[OpenIndiana-discuss] Configuring external monitor

Mark Creamer whitetr6 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:28:22 UTC 2012

I have a Thinkpad T510 on which almost everything seems to be working
properly (oi_151a with all current updates). The only issue I can't seem to
get resolved is making the external monitor to work. If I open the NVidia
configuration tool, I can see the monitor, but it shows "disabled." If I
enable it by choosing separate X screen, and click Apply, the screen
refreshes, but nothing shows up on the external monitor. I then restart the
PC, and it's back to disabled again. I also tried "save to X configuration
file" and saved it to a file, but the changes didn't seem to apply after
rebooting. I'm probably just misunderstanding how to use the configuration
tool, not sure. Thanks for any advice.

--
Mark