[OpenIndiana-discuss] Server hangs weekly

Ilya Arhipkin ilya at arhipkin.com
Wed Feb 22 05:58:27 UTC 2012

  22.02.12 11:32, oimltalk at skidde.net ?????:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm seeing roughly weekly hangs on a server running OpenIndiana 151a. I'm
> using it primarily as a home fileserver with ZFS.
>
> The exact behavior seems to depend on when I notice it, but essentially the
> server drops off the network and is only variably responsive when I try to
> access the console directly. Sometimes when this happens the system doesn't
> respond at all (e.g., not even to keyboard input). One time I was able to
> interact with the console (after the server had disappeared from the
> network) and tried to see what was going on. Tried pinging
> google.com(unreachable, as expected). Next I tried `ifconfig -a` and
> got this:
>
> lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL>  mtu 8232
> index 1
>          inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
> e1000g0: flags=1040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DEPRECATED,IPv4>  mtu
> 1500 index 2
>          inet 0.0.0.0 netmask ff000000
>

> which explains the lack of connectivity. But after it printed that it
> didn't return. The console still printed my keyboard output (including ^C,
> ^Z, etc.), and there was still output coming from other sources (e.g., I
> have napp-it running regular snapshots, so I saw a notice that it had used
> sudo to run that) but I couldn't get a prompt back. Next I tried hitting
> the power button on the machine I got this:
>
> poweroff: initiated by user on /dev/console
> in.ndpd[994]: phyint_reach_random: SIOCSLIFLNKINFO (interfac e1000g0):
> Interrupted system call
> bootadm: /boot/solaris/bin/extract_boot_filelist is not owned by 101,
> skipping
> syncing file systems... done
> WARNING: Power off requested from power button or SC, powering down the
> system!
>

> followed shortly by:
>
> WARNING: Failed to shut down the system!
>

> Tried looking through the logs for anything interesting but didn't come up
> with anything, though to be honest I'm not 100% sure where to look or what
> to look for. When the machine drops off the network I can still access it
> via IPMI (tried this using both the dedicated jack on the motherboard and
> by sharing the Intel NIC--worked in both cases, but OI was still
> unresponsive), so I doubt it's a bad NIC. Motherboard is a Supermicro
> X9SCM-F.
>
> I know that at least sometimes the system will stop running even my ZFS
> snapshots via napp-it, since I've come back to a frozen console that showed
> the last snapshot being taken 12+ hours before (they're supposed to be
> taken every 15 minutes). My guess is this is just because it takes me
> longer to notice sometimes--seems like it's hitting a deadlock somewhere
> that eventually grinds everything to a halt (like with the ipconfig call
> above).
>
> Also, FWIW, here's what ipconfig -a gets me when it works correctly (MAC
> [...]
Hello!!! :-)
Your problem is the following general if the server does not appear
specific sites http://www.upyachka.ru http://pkg.openindiana.org who
wanted to see but in the end does not appear in the browser, but the
command nslookup shows that DNS record is therefore a Unfortunately you
DNSChanger Trojan virus, our network of approximately 1,500 users notice
a problem such resources are not opened this virus is different in that
the router changes the record, regardless of your system, even flashing
my router D-Link DIR-100 has changed
P.S. The virus changes the direction of the domain to the domain by
redirecting