[OpenIndiana-discuss] RDP to login on oi from Windows

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Fri Feb 24 11:00:17 UTC 2012

I remember the good old days of using XDMCP. It worked really well when
connecting to SUN workstations from a Windows computer. I tried to set
up XDMCP on my system not too long ago but without luck. I think I
managed to get windows from individual programs to open on my client at
best (which looked really ugly) and I find the the xming software to be
a pain to work with.

I know that KVM also uses a protocol called Spice. I don't know much
about it but I believe that it is intended to be able to also deliver 3D
acceleration to the client. I think it is through the VirtualGL
(www.virtualgl.org) and Gallium3D interfaces...

I see that I messed up my last post a bit. The name of the package with
the vnc server is SUNWxvnc.