[OpenIndiana-discuss] etherstub and bridge

Anil Jangity anilj at me.com
Sun Feb 26 04:49:20 UTC 2012

What I am really trying to do is, isolate the zone, but also at the same time have it be able to talk the outside world. Going over the "real link" means it would see all the wire traffic (broadcasts etc... from the rest of the network, it isn't isolated).

There are various examples out there that do NAT'ing (assigning RFC 1918 address on the non-global zone and then doing NAT'ing on the global zone) but I would much prefer not to do that and use real routable IP addresses in the zone, but still be able to virtualize and go over it's own "virtual wire".

How would I route this traffic properly, if at all?